Traditional British Recipes
Traditionally made by godparents to be eaten at Christenings. The cakes triangular shape is said to represent the Holy Trinity.
Ingredients for Coventry Godcakes
- 225 grams (8 oz) puff pastry
- egg white (lightly beaten)
- caster sugar
How to Make Coventry Godcakes
- Roll the pastry out to 5 mm (1/4 inch) thick and trim to 10 cm (4 in) squares.
- Place a generous teasoon of mincemeat on each square.
- Dampen the edges of the pastry and fold over to form a traingle.
- Brush the top with egg white and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F / Gas Mark 8)
- Bake for around 15 minutes until golden brown.
Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.