Traditional British Recipes
Baked Sole Fillets with Lemon Sauce
Try this delicious healthy option for a tasty weekday lunch.
Ingredients for Baked Sole and Lemon Sauce
- 2 fillets of Yellow-fin or Dover Sole
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 ounce of flour
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 fish stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of thickener (cornflour)
How to Cook Baked Sole Fillets and Lemon Sauce
- Dust the sole fillets in flour.
- Dip each fillet in beaten egg white and sprinkle with the lemon zest and parsley.
- Place a sheet of greased baking paper in a shallow oven pan.
- Place the sole fillets on the paper and bake for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 22°C (gas mark 7).
- While the fish is baking prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients (except the thickener) in a saucepan. Bring to the boil, stirring all the while, then reduce heat and stir in the thickener.
Serve with seasonal cooked vegetables, such as: fresh new potatoes, green peas (or asparagus), button mushrooms and mini plum tomatoes.