This is an easy to make Wiltshire recipe for home made
battered sausages; traditionally made using pork sausage
meat. Ideal if you like to grind your own sausage meat
but don't have the equipment to pipe it into skins.
- 225 grams (1/2 lb) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoonful salad oil
- 450 grams (1 lb) sausage meat
How to Make Wiltshire Porkies
- Mix flour and salt in a basin, add the yolk of 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of salad oil.
- Mix in enough water to form a smooth batter that will just coat the back of a spoon.
- Beat well and let it stand for 1/2 hour.
- Douse hands and board with flour to prevent sticking, form the sausage meat into small, neat sausage shaped rolls.
- Whisk the white of the egg stiffly and stir it into the batter.
- Coat each sausage with batter and deep fry until
Serve on a warm plate with battered apple rings.
Garnish with parsley.
Other recipes to try: Toad in the Hole | Wiltshire Lardy Cake | Recipe Index