New years Day - 1 January (Public
Bank Holiday first Monday in the month)
- January Sales (sales
usually start on Boxing Day)
- Festival Commemorating the Epiphany - 6 January
Boat Show -
- Burns Night -
celebrating the birth of Robert Burns - 25 January
- Pan Cake Day -
Shrove Tuesday - 13 February
- Valentines Day - 14 February
- Ash Wednesday - 14 February
- Chinese New Year - Year of the Dog - Friday, the 16th of February
- May Day - first Monday in May
(Public Bank Holiday UK), 7 May
- Well Dressing Festivals -
Ascension Day, various venues across Britain
- RHS Chelsea Flower
Show - London
Mills Weekend - various
locations around the UK
- Whit Sunday - 20 May
- Trinity Sunday - 27 May
- Late Spring Bank Holiday - Last
Monday in May (Public Bank Holiday UK), 28 May
- Coronation Day - 2 June
of the Colour - Whitehall, London - Saturday
closest to 10th June
- Official Birthday of Queen Elizabeth II -
- Father's Day - 17 June
- Summer Solstice - summer time
begins - 21 June
Court Palace Flower Show - Hampton Court -
2 to 8 July
- Henley Royal Regatta - Henley-on-Thames
- 8 July
- Wimbledon Tennis Championships -
2 to 15 July
See world champions play at London's famous grass
court tennis tournament.
Notting Hill Carnival - London - last weekend in August.
Shake your tail feathers, sip some rum and enjoy the
alfresco vibe at this annual carnival.
- Summer Bank Holiday - 27
August (Public Bank Holiday UK)
- International Sheepdog Trials -
Venue changes every year - 6 to 8 September
- Wembley Horse of the Year Show - London - last
weekend in September
Thames - London
This major event attracts thousands each year. Expect
street arts, carnivals, music, dance, food and
a spectacular fireworks display along the River
- Autumn Equinox - start of autumn - 23 September
- Harvest Festivals - all over Britain: at various
times of the month.
- British Summer Time Ends -
- Hallowe'en -
31 October, all over Britain.
- London Restaurant Festival
Explore the capital's cuisine with a series of
city-wide special events, including tours, special
menus and pop-up restaurants. Highlights include
dinner on the London Eye.
All Saints Day -
1 November, all over Britain.
- Guy Fawkes Night - all over
Britain - 5th November.
- State Opening of Parliament - London: start
of the new parliamentary session.
- Lord Mayor's Procession and Show - London: second
Sat in November.
- Remembrance Day - at the Cenotaph, Whitehall,
London, and all over Britain.
- RAC London to Brighton Veteran Car Rally - London
- London Film Festival -
various venues in London: first two weeks November
- London Lights Switch-On
Get in the festive spirit and join the celebrations
as Oxford Street and Regent Street switch on their
Christmas illuminations. Expect big-name celebrities.
- Christmas Markets -
Traditional festive markets held in many major
cities and historical towns.
- Winter Solstice - beginning of winter - 21 December
- Christmas Day - 25 December.
- Boxing Day - 26 December.
Day Sales - many shops start their January
sales on Boxing Day
Not Listed? We regret to announce
that we are no longer willing to provide a 'requested'
event listing service after 25th May 2018.